In last week's entry about our photoshoot with Robert Nakama of Robert Nakama Photography, we mentioned that we baked some chocolate chip & walnut muffins. You may have seen the post on the Mfn Top Facebook page linking to the recipe, but we thought it would be a good idea to put our recipe collection on our website, too!
This recipe is super easy and was well-received by our friends and family members who happened to get one. We're convinced the secret ingredient in this recipe is yogurt! Now, without further ado...
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3-4 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs into the mixture, one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Add yogurt and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture slowly into the creamed mixture until moistened.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Fill the paper muffin cups with batter until 2/3 full.
- To create the topping, combine the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the batter.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (It only took us 20 minutes.)
- Cool the muffins for few minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Eat and enjoy!